If your plan has an automatic enrollment feature, you need to notify employees at least 30 days before they become eligible to participate (and no more than 90 days before). If your plan has immediate eligibility, you will need to notify newly hired employees as soon as possible, in advance of their first automatic deferral. Betterment for Business prepares the appropriate automatic enrollment notices for you.
Articles in this section
- How long does a Betterment for Business 401(k) plan take to set up?
- Does Betterment take on any fiduciary responsibilities?
- Does Betterment for Business provide fee disclosures?
- What is the default portfolio that is used for participants who are enrolled automatically?
- When can I upload my payroll file?
- How do I upload payroll for my 401(k) plan?
- Does Betterment for Business allow for automatic enrollment?
- What do I have to notify participants about?
- What are the required government filings?
- What if I need an extension to file one or more of the forms?