At Betterment, we strive to exceed the safest standards for protecting your account information and financial data. Our services have been designed to improve upon traditional bank-level standards, and we provide the following security features:
- Automatic Logout: If you are inactive for an extended period of time we automatically log you out so unauthorized people cannot access your account.
- Contact Information Confirmation: Additional security mechanisms are in place to protect you from unauthorized changes to your account information.
- Personalized Email: All emails coming from Betterment will address you by name, so you can be confident we know who you are and that the email is coming from us.
- Account Ownership Verification: We verify that you have proper access to any external checking account that we link to electronically to ensure you are linking to the correct account.
- Identity Verification: We run thorough identity verification checks on new customers to determine if the identity information provided is accurate, not suspicious, nor on any government watch lists.
- Transaction Review: Betterment reviews transactions through automated and human monitoring to detect potentially suspicious behavior on customer accounts.