If you leave your current employer, you have a choices as far as what you can do with your accrued 401(k) benefit. One choice is to leave your 401(k) assets in your account with your former employer. Another option is to roll over your deferred contributions as well as vested employer match contributions into your new employer’s 401(k) plan or an IRA. You can contact our Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Articles in this section
- What is guided onboarding?
- What happens if I leave my employer?
- What is a 401(k) plan?
- My company just announced that we are switching to a Betterment 401(k) - what do I do now? What happens to my current 401(k)?
- How is Betterment for Business different from a traditional 401(k) plan?
- What is automatic enrollment?
- What’s a QDRO?
- What is the difference between mutual funds and ETFs?