For a tutorial on how to upload your payroll contribution files, watch the video below.
Employer Dashboard Tutorial
- Review your Deferral Change Report and adjust any employee deferral changes in your payroll software.
- Click “Upload Payroll”.
- Download our template for a .csv file of all your employee’s identifying information
- Update the template with the relevant information for this pay period.
- Gross compensation this pay period
- Hours worked this pay period
- Traditional employee contribution
- Roth employee contribution
- Employer match (if applicable)
- Safe harbor match (if applicable)
- Safe harbor non-elective contribution (if applicable)
Please note that all numbers should be for this pay period only, not cumulative for the entire year.
- Click “I’m Ready to Upload” and select your .csv file to upload.
- Specify an effective date for your payroll upload. Remember, your effective date is the same as your payroll date, not the date of submission.
- Review your payroll contribution details for accuracy and click “Approve Contribution” to submit it for processing.
- Funds will be transferred from your bank account to Betterment usually by the next business day and will appear in employee accounts within 3 business days after the initial transfer.