We aim to make the onboarding process as seamless as possible for both new and existing plans. At a minimum, we would need 30 days following executed agreements and documents given the requirement to send out participant disclosures with ample notification time. However, timing on plan conversions can be highly dependent on the timeline of the prior recordkeeper and the size and complexity of the plan.
Articles in this section
- How long does a Betterment for Business 401(k) plan take to set up?
- Does Betterment take on any fiduciary responsibilities?
- Does Betterment for Business provide fee disclosures?
- What is the default portfolio that is used for participants who are enrolled automatically?
- When can I upload my payroll file?
- How do I upload payroll for my 401(k) plan?
- Does Betterment for Business allow for automatic enrollment?
- What do I have to notify participants about?
- What are the required government filings?
- What if I need an extension to file one or more of the forms?